Friday, March 23, 2012

high-five friday.

It's F-F-F-Friday! If we were having a face to face conversation, I'd tell you in sign language (cause that's how this teacher rolls these days). It is indeed Friday; a day full of finishing up projects in the classroom, keeping learning fun (trying, anyway), gym class day (hooray!), and snack and a movie in the afternoon. Friday is my students' favorite day of the week, and I think it's pretty awesome, too.

I'm going to start something new on this here bloggy blog. Lately I have read some really good, thought provoking articles online; on blogs and news sites and websites found at random from lots of clicking . I figure, it's worth it to share what inspires me and makes me think. Truly, no idea we ever think of is one hundred percent original. We're always pulling from the different perspectives, ideas, opinions, and experiences of the people around us. So much of what I write on this blog is a combination of "this thing I heard here" and "this thing I pinned here" or "that thing that she said in the car the other day." As we take in the world around us, we use what we hear and see and experience to shape our own ideas, thoughts, and wonderings.

So from now on, I'm going to start some high-five Fridays. High-fives for the top five articles that I read in the week. High-five for good writing. High-five for thought-provoking. High-five for reading an article that points me to a bigger truth. High-five for a different perspective. High-five for bloggers around the world, writing and experiencing and sharing. High-five to you, too, for reading this blog. Just in general, high-five fridays.

Here's to the first every high-five Friday. Here's my top five articles of the week.

1. From the Men: What Decides How Much A Woman is Worth? Read it here.

2. The Before and After. Seriously, you want to read it here.

3. Confidence without guts. Seth Godin is a boss here.

4. Want to be happy? Stop trying to be perfect. Ok, so I read it a few weeks ago ... but it's so freaking good here.

5. Thankful Thursday. I also read this last week here, but it inspired and fueled my creation of the thankful list this week (more on that to come).


High-five Friday! Happy reading and happy weekend to you.




What has inspired you this week? Who, what, and where will you high-five today?

No comments:

Post a Comment